Le Fornaci di Calde, a holiday home mixed use development opportunity - Lake Maggiore - Italy
Direct access to the 1200 meter waterfront
Le Fornaci di Calde’, a holiday home mixed use development opportunity. A historical property of 13 hectares (32 acres) that plunges into Lake Maggiore offering the rare opportunity to create a mixed used 4/5-stars holiday home resort in Italy.
1 hour from Malpensa airport (and Milan) – 29 km to Lugano Airport.
This historical property is formed by a promontory of 13 hectares (32 acres) that plunges into Lake Maggiore offering the rare opportunity to create a mixed used 4/5-stars resort in Italy.
The development possible on this land (subject to the appropriate planning actions/permits) is as follow:
- Tourist-oriented residences/holiday home residences and related services.
- Recreational services and equipment etc., with a tourist vocation and areas to enjoy the lakeside.
- Hotel facilities and other hotel areas.
- Services of public and collective interest etc..
The overall building capacity, including the 10% volumetric premiums and related commercial activities, will, therefore be around 32,450 MC, or approximately 10, 800 square meters (circa 116,000 square feet), in accordance with the current approved PGT (Piano di Governo del Territorio, Comune di Castelveccana, Provincia di Varese).
Thanks to the unique characteristics of the property, there is the possibility to create one of the most sophisticated mixed real estate developments in Italy, where there could be (please check the section How we see it – Our Concept Design):
- A part dedicated to a 4/5-stars hotel center.
- A part dedicated to privately owned holiday homes, which could be managed by the Hotel.
- Common parts, common facilities, business center etc.
- Parking and garages
In a Resort of this caliber an international 4/5-star mixed hotel chain can offer:
- A professional management of the entire Resort.
- The international management and promotion of the Hotel facilities.
- The management of shared areas (SPA, sports fields, and any marina) and catering.
- The promotion of corporate tourism, thanks to the advantageous positions at only 1 hour from Milan (and Malpensa airport).
Architectural image of the project - Le Fornaci di Calde
With the development of a sophisticated architectural project, this Property will appeal to an international clientele who would normally struggle to find similar sort of holiday home mixed developments in Italy.
Thanks to the favorable economy of scale, due to the significant size of the Property, it could be implemented a dedicated sales campaign, capable of enhancing the uniqueness of this extraordinary development opportunity.
Development Opportunity, a draft Concept Design
We have created a preliminary draft concept design on the basis of the volumes possible within the Property (subject to the appropriate planning actions/permits), in accordance with the current approved PGT (Piano di Governo del Territorio, Comune di Castelveccana, Provincia di Varese).
This would probably be the first of this kind resorts in Italy, offering a unique holiday home experience in Italy to a non-Italian clientele searching for an effective combination between the Italian lifestyle angle and the convenience (and the efficiency) of a proper, professional prime hotel management private second home Resort (rather rare in the entire country).
It would complete the exclusive package, the proximity of Lugano airport (only 29 km away), Malpensa airport and Milan at only 1 hour driving, and the Liguria riviera at circa 2 hours driving.
Please contact us to discuss more into details our considerations on this concept design, and the alternative concept designs possible on this Property, in accordance with the current approved PGT (Piano di Governo del Territorio, Comune di Castelveccana, Provincia di Varese).
Of course this is only one of the possible developments on this land, there are numerous different possibilities that would reflect different priorities, different development costs and different expected/achievable total revenues.
We envisage a holiday home mixed used resort that comprises:
- Circa 8,780 commercial square meters of holiday home private units, which could be arranged as: i) 18 units of circa 78 commercial square meters (two bedroom flats with panoramic gardens/terraces); ii) 35 units of circa 156 commercial square meters (three bedroom flats with panoramic gardens/terraces); iii) 8 units of circa 234 commercial square meters (four bedroom flats with panoramic gardens/terraces). In the current concept design, these properties enjoy direct private accesses, direct (South/West Facing) view of the water, large private and panoramic gardens and/or terraces, and a full home automation system.
In the current concept design the holiday home units are completed with:
- Approximately 4,000 square meters of hotel / commercial facilities
- 40/45 rooms hotel
- SPA and wellness center
- Multi-function center
- Tennis courts and swimming pools
- Business center
- Hotel to provide on-site management and concierge services to private units and shared resort areas )in accordance with the holiday home planning requirements)
- Some shared areas managed by offering regulated public access such as the main square of the Resort
- First of this kind of resort in Italy
- Caters to non-Italian clientele searching for an effective combination of Italian lifestyle and convenience of professional prime hotel management for a private second home in Italy.
- Lugano airport only 29km away, Malpensa airport and Milan only 1-hour drive, Liguria Riviera close to 2 hours drive.
- Direct access to the water of circa 1,200 meters in length.
- Approximately 13 hectares of land.
- Circa 10,800 square meters of development possible (see details for more information).
- Walking access to the village of Calde.
- Strong historical value, this property probably has been the lime quarry of the Fabbrica del Duomo of Milan (XIV Century).
- Subject to the appropriate permits, there might be the possibility of docking for small boats.
- The Property is an hour from Malpensa Airport (and from Milan), a few minutes from Switzerland (29 km to Lugano airport), a couple of hours from the sea.
Why we know Le Fornaci di Calde’ is an exceptional development opportunity
A remarkable Property:
- Direct access to the water (circa 1200 meter of lakeside)
- South/West exposure, it is rare on Lake Maggiore
- Historical character, it makes it unique and valuable, it probably has been the lime quarry of the Fabbrica del Duomo of Milan (XIV Century)
- Size, it allows to conceptualise a real resort type project
- Position, you can walk to the Village of Calde’ (and Porto Valtravaglia)
The perfect location:
- Proximity of Switzerland, 29 km to Lugano airport
- 1 hour to Milan (and Malpensa airport)
- 2 hours to the sea
The opportunity of creating a real mixed use project in Italy:
Thanks to the combination of these Property qualities and the planning consent obtainable, this could be one of the first real mixed use projects in the entire country, taking advantage of a prime professional management system operated by an international hotel chain who can ensure to owners and guests: i) security ii) premium values (and prices) iii) reliable services vi) high returns (rental income potential).